Monday 2 September 2024

Jikoshoukai 自己紹介-1

 

## How to Introduce Yourself in Japanese (Jikoshoukai 自己紹介)
Here's how to introduce yourself in Japanese, with some variations depending on the formality of the situation:
**Basic Structure:**
1. **Greeting:** はじめまして (Hajimemashite) - Nice to meet you!
2. **Your Name:** (Watashi wa) + **Your Name** + です (desu) - (I am) + **Your Name** + (am/is)
**Formal Introduction:**
* **Watashi wa Tanaka Hanako desu.** (私は田中花子です。) - I am Tanaka Hanako.
**Informal Introduction:**
* **Watashi wa Hanako desu.** (私は花子です。) - I am Hanako. (Less formal)
**Adding Information:**
* **Watashi wa Tanaka Hanako desu. **(私は田中花子です。)** **Gakusei desu.** (学生です。) - I am Tanaka Hanako. I am a student.
* **Watashi wa Hanako desu. **(私は花子です。)** **California kara kimashita.** (カリフォルニアから来ました。) - I'm Hanako. I came from California.
## Hobbies and Age in Japanese
### Hobbies (趣味 shumi)
* **Common hobbies:**
* 絵を描く (e o kaku) - Drawing
* 音楽を聴く (ongaku o kiku) - Listening to music
* 旅行をする (ryokou o suru) - Traveling
* 映画を見る (eiga o miru) - Watching movies
* 料理をする (ryouri o suru) - Cooking
* ゲームをする (geemu o suru) - Playing games
* **Example:**
* 私の趣味は読書です。 (Watashi no shumi wa dokusho desu.) - My hobby is reading.
### Age (年齢 nenrei)
* **Asking someone's age:**
* おいくつですか? (Oikutsu desu ka?) - How old are you?
* **Telling your age:**
* 私は30歳です。 (Watashi wa 30-sai desu.) - I am 30 years old.
**Example conversation:**
* **Person A:** おいくつですか? (Oikutsu desu ka?) - How old are you?
* **Person B:** 私は25歳です。 (Watashi wa 25-sai desu.) - I am 25 years old.
* **Person A:** 趣味は何ですか? (Shumi wa nan desu ka?) - What is your hobby?
* **Person B:** 私の趣味は音楽を聴くことです。 (Watashi no shumi wa ongaku o kiku koto desu.) - My hobby is listening to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Japanese punctuation marks

-Japanese punctuation marks The Japanese language uses a variety of punctuation marks, but here are a few of the most common one...