Friday 4 October 2024

Japanese Conjunctions

 -


Japanese Conjunctions


What is a conjunction?
A conjunction is a word that connects words, phrases, or clauses. They help to show the relationship between these elements.

Japanese Conjunctions: A Closer Look
In Japanese, conjunctions play a crucial role in forming grammatically correct and meaningful sentences. They help to express various relationships such as:

Cause and effect: なので (nanode), から (kara)
Contrast: しかし (shikashi), けれども (keredomo)
Addition: そして (soshite), また (mata)
Condition: もし (moshi), 場合 (baai)
Time: そして (soshite), 次に (tsugi ni)
Purpose: ため (tame)
Examples:

Cause and effect:
雨が降るので、傘を持って出かけます。 (Ame ga furu node, kasa wo motte dekake masu.) - Because it's raining, I'll go out with an umbrella.
Contrast:
疲れているけれど、まだ仕事を続けなければなりません。 (Tsukarete iru keredomo, mada shigoto wo tsuzukenakereba narimasen.) - Although I'm tired, I still have to continue working.
Addition:
リンゴもオレンジも好きです。 (Ringomu mo orenji mo suki desu.) - I like apples and oranges.

-Today's news
I’m from Japan, home to some of the world’s longest living people: The No. 1 food I must have in my kitchen
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/09/29/im-from-japan-the-no-1-food-i-must-have-in-my-kitchen.html

Tokyo passes Japan’s first ordinance on customer abuse
https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/15453370

No comments:

Post a Comment

Japanese punctuation marks

-Japanese punctuation marks The Japanese language uses a variety of punctuation marks, but here are a few of the most common one...